quick reminder: on your journey to save the planet, be sure you’re saving yourself too.
taking care of ourselves can often fall in last place. ESPECIALLY as moms, or care-takers of any kind, which so many of us women are. stating we need an hour of “self-care” a day can seem like an impossible task, but there’s no magic number in my opinion, I just believe you need to do SOMETHING every day. get to the gym. take a nice shower or bath. go get a pedicure. read your favorite book and lock the kids in the bathroom… only kidding.
the meaning of “sustainable” is pretty clear
if we can’t keep going, how can we expect anything else in our home, family, community, or world?
point being – you aren’t going to be any help to anyone or anything unless you’re able to help yourself first, (just like when you’re flying and they insist you put your mask on first!). i just joined Burn Boot Camp and i think it was the community and physical push i’ve been needing in my life. my nutrition is on point and i love the positive, supportive environment that encourages me to keep moving.
here are 10 earth-friendly ideas for reconnecting with nature and taking care of your self:
- Go for a run
- Workout at a gym (or join one!)
- Read a book – a real one!
- Call your mom / sister / best friend
- Paint / Draw – do something creative, it makes you happier and improves your mental health!
- Light your favorite candle and meditate
- Take a soothing bath. it helps you breathe easier and relax your nervous system.
- Help a neighbor
- Give hugs! so many benefits of hugging – like balancing the nervous system, boosting self-esteem, and increases serotonin levels!
- Volunteer – volunteering has been shown to counteract the effects of stress, anger, and anxiety. The social contact aspect of helping and working with others can have a profound effect on your overall psychological well-being.
how are you taking care of yourself?